domingo, 30 de enero de 2011

Basketball

If you know me at all, you’ll know that sports are an important thing in my life. Even though I might not be perfect at every single sport there is, you could say I am quite good at most of them, with a few exceptions of course. A couple of weeks before winter break, the tryouts for basketball came up; I decided to give it a try even though I knew that basketball wasn’t exactly one of my 'best' sports. I thought to myself, "You have nothing to lose", and so I did.

As I mentioned earlier on in one of my previous entries (Swimming), it frustrates me not being at least above average at any sport, since sports in general  is what I'm good at; it’s my thing. I can draw, paint and build, but I'm missing the Picasso after Pablo. I do play a couple of instruments, but I'm no Mozart. I don’t dedicate as much time and effort into them as I do with sports.
 
As it turned out, I'm on the team. However, I have to admit, I am struggling quite a bit at the moment, especially on the shooting part, which is the most important one of all. I'm going to work hard, and improve as much as I can before VANAS. We have a tournament this weekend, hopefully we'll play our best, and I'll let you all know how it turned out.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario